Thursday, November 3, 2011

A crazy month!

Over the past few weeks this is what has happened to our family...

Jon graduated from AIT!!! We drove out to is graduation the end of September. My Dad was wonderful and offered to drive me and Cohen out there. He is the best to drive 13 1/2 hours with us. We couldn't have done it with out my Dad. We really appreciated it! You would think it would be a long and whiny drive for Cohen right? WRONG! He was amazing. I don't think he even cried once...not lying! He was so GOOD! It nice to be with Jon again! We are so proud of him! He worked so hard! We're finally a little family again. We love seeing Jon everyday! Cohen sure loves his Daddy!







We made it to El Paso! It was quite an adventure. There were a few hicupps along the way but we made it and are loving it. After driving for 2 days and being in the car for 14 hours we arrived on the 11th of October to find that our apartment wasn't ready for us...I'm not going to lie I was really frustrated. I blame in on the lack of sleep and how emotional I was from the move. It just meant more time in a hotel and more lack of sleep. It was finally ready on the 14th. We pulled in with our U-haul and as we started unpacking I thought to myself this is going to be a really long day! As we started climbing the stairs with our stuff a man who was working on the outside of our building approached me and Jon and asked if he could help. He said he had a few guys and there were still on the clock and needed something to do (right? Just being nice). He said he saw that we had a little boy and noitced it was just the two of us and wanted to help. It was an answer to prayers. What would have taken us at least 5 hours to do we did it in an hour. We are so grateful for the help we recieved! It really was a blessing!



We left at about 5 am on Oct. 10th





Cohen looks just like Jon!


We couldn't leave Utah without saying goodbye. My sisters gave us a going away party Texan style. My sister who recently moved back to Utah just spent the last 2 years in Texas. Through their help and my other sister looking up stuff they were able to tell me all that I needed to know about moving here! They had great decorations and of course great desserts! Thanks for all you did to help make the transition with the move easier for me. I hope you all know how much I miss you! You know me there have been tears but things are getting better!








We are going to miss you all in Utah! We figured that Cohen and I were in the car for about 50 hours. Crazy! Cohen was so good in the car. Seriously amazing! He is a good little boy! He was sure exhausted...





We are ready to settle in and get into a routine. We are excited to see what El Paso is like and met new people! We look forward to the adventure!

4 comments:

lisa said...

What an adventure! We are MISSING you too....but isn't it good to know there are nice people no matter where you live!!

Kathy said...

We lived in El Paso for three years. We were on the east side just a few blocks north of Hanks High School.
It was an enjoyable time and we left good friends down there.
Where are you living? Hope that you have a great experience while there. There are good people no matter where you go.
Love to you all.

Jill said...

How excited Kels! I'm glad we can get updates as we continue the routine in Utah. Hope you love it out there! What an adventure. :)

Allie said...

Love and miss you more! :)